In the construction and earthmoving industry, heavy machines play a massive role to get the work done. Heavy machines help in doing massive work that isn’t possible with humans. But the moment smaller materials are involved, workers are the ones to do the work without relying on the heavy machines. These are a few tips that help to move heavy materials manually in a safe manner.
- Wear Safety Equipment – At every construction site, it is important to wear safety gear at all times. From gloves to long sleeve shirts, face masks to hard hats, all safety equipment should be worn at all times. Not only will it keep you safe but also avoid any form of injuries and accidents.
- Use Proper Lifting Technique – For moving light to medium materials, it is important to use the correct lifting technique. At the time of lifting the material, bend your hips and knees down and bring the item close to your chest. This will help you to avoid injuring your back. Therefore, use this proper lifting technique.
- Get Handles – Apart from using the lifting technique, you should also consider adding handles to the materials. This will give you the grip you need in order to move the materials in an easy and efficient manner.
- Get Help – If you aren’t able to move the items and materials on your own, then ask your workmates to help you. You may not be the strongest individual however you should get help before injuring yourself.
Employees working in earthmoving companies in Brisbane follow these safety tips.
A crane operator is a professional who operates cranes in the construction and earthmoving industry. Although, it looks fairly easy to operate as you may have come across. However, operating a crane isn’t that easy as it takes time to learn the basics and several hours to learn its operation. If you are interested to become a professional crane operator, then you may be required to take a program. At the time of choosing a program for crane operation, consider these factors and then go ahead with the decision.
- Training – Make sure you are pursuing the program from a reputed school or college. The training should cover theoretical and practical sessions helping you to learn and improve your skills. The training program should also cover the safety protocols about the worksite and crane maintenance information.
- Time – Becoming a crane operator does not necessarily mean you need to spend 3 to 5 years in a school. In fact, there are schools that offer programs running just for few weeks.
- License – A license is mandatory for all crane operators while working at the worksite. In order to get your hands on the license, you are required to clear the examination which is mandatorily stated by OSHA. This is the only way you get your license.
- Fees – Depending on the school and the region you live in, the fees for crane programs are different. Make sure you check out with the school as well as on the internet.
Do earthmoving equipment hire in Brisbane to learn additional factors about crane operation program.